Wednesday, September 29, 2010

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦ Are we adlults, or are we children?¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦


1 Corinthians 13:11 came to me, “When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put aside childish things.




   Why is it that people grow up to be fully functioning adults and yet insist on acting like children? Thinking like a child, reasoning like a child and speaking like a child, acting like a child. 




   It's obvious to me that a choice has to be made to put away the childish attitude. People have to decided to do it. I think for a lot of adults this point never happens in their life, and for others childish ways sneak up in times of conflict or times of self-protecting.




   Dealing with people that have not made the choice to be an adult really wears me down. It's so aggravating to me, and honestly tends to make me want to sink to the same level. Which in the end just leaves me frustrated and feeling bad. 






   Anyone have any pointers? I know this is a short one, but it's good for thought.





2 comments:

  1. Have you tried, "I'm rubber and you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you?"

    If all else fails, an "I know you are, but what am I," immediately followed by an, "I'm telling!" usually does the trick.

    Got me through my formative years, anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!!! I know a few adults that still use these famous sayings. I try not to allow them out of my mouth, even when I really really want to. :)

    ReplyDelete